• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Anyone needs surface grinder?

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
I know its in the US... Ohio... and 6h to go so prices can soar but a lot of grinders going on sale and small ones for just 100 USD. Larger ones for 300. Similar priced larger grinders (still home shop size) went in AB for a whopping 3000 CAD. 4" vices for just $10.

https://www.proxibid.com/Buddy-Bart...p/event-catalog/173432?srch=&srchloc=true#Top

Certainly US has it good. Heck so far pipe live centers are just $2 but Biax scraper is already $500. Starret machinist level just 19. I know 6h to go but usually so close prices go up on at least some of the items.

Hruul

Lee - metalworking novice
Geez, that surface plate is massive. Don't recall ever seeing one that thick before. Looks thicker than 12" from the picture.

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
So Tom how would shipping work? If it’s a vise or if it’s a surface grinder? Will the auction house help with that?

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Have no idea - they seem to have rather strange pickup policy of just 1 day for small items and till this Friday - for larger items if arranged.

Some items are destined to sell for a penny or less on a $. Some pp live near by and are testament to some claims of US auctions where stuff is gotten close to "free".

Also it all feeds eBay. Where it no longer is so close to free.

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
Looks like they had a machine mover and the local UPS store ready to help ship that stuff. There were a few gems amongst the dross, but a lot of dross! The vice(s) went for 20-30usd. I wonder what shipping would have ended up at. I can't imagine what kind of work they did at that place - must have been hell, dark, dangerous. The starett level went for $70USD so no bargain there. Some stuff is utter crap and went for surprising money. Interesting post Tom thanks.