• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Anyone need a 3 phase to 3 phase VFD??

Brent H

Ultra Member
So this idiot company sent me the wrong VFD - basically a 3 phase 380 to 460v to the same voltage VFD

C1F7A0A9-237C-440E-B9CF-10EE7A974086.jpeg
9ACD52B9-B301-4FD1-987D-E186E085F919.jpeg
If someone has a use for it I can send it to you for the postage. It took me 3 months to get a partial refund and my next “phase” would be to plug it into 220 single phase and see if it explodes.

TOBARApprentice

Super User
Sometimes I believe that there is evidence that supports the argument indicating a language barrier exists. I’d plug it into 220V and video the result. Then for fun send them the video and use a random series of words in a short paragraph that makes absolutely no sense and see what you get back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
It most likely can do 1ph to 3ph or our split phase to 3ph. It just does not say so. The 380V is Europe & probably most of the world.

Their stated low range is just over 300v - you can try plugging it into 240v and see what it does - the worst thing I predict is low voltage warning. I would not be shocked if it worked but do not expect full 1.5kw - maybe OK for 1hp motor.

Tom O

Ultra Member
Back when I was working at the sun they told us to set the ink with the paper upside down so we couldn’t read it but it turned out not that bad Some words you'd get stuck on though.

Brent H

Ultra Member
Hey @YYCHM - might be a month or so - involved in a high end cabinet build so machining is on the side burner until I get paint and stain completed.

basically it would just be hooking 240 single phase up to the 3 phase connection point and seeing if 240 or something comes out the motor supply.
Might be a bit difficult as I do not want to toast the motor on my slotter if there is a problem.