• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Anyone looking for big-boy metal working tools?

Jimbojones

Chatted with a fellow in Edmonton this week and he used to run a used machine/tooling business. Moved/downsized and is now focusing on hardening specialty service but he did move some of his sellable equipment to his new shop.

When I say 'big-boy', I'm talking 24"+ rotary table, MT5 tooling, DA QCTP and CAT50 mill holders....probably beyond what most of us would ever need but I don't know what equipment everyone has.

He did have a few 'smaller' pieces:
- rotary grinding table - what price range do these usually sell for?
- 5hp milling machine w/ 10x54 (or larger?) table and DRO

Will be auctioning a lot of it off by Mid Sept but willing to take offers before then.

If anyone is interested, PM and I'll provide his contact info. I don't personally know the guy nor am vouching for his stuff....just happened to cross paths with him and if anyone is in the market for this big stuff, maybe there is a deal in there somewhere.