Machine Anyone Here in Northern-ish Alberta with 575V 3 Phase in the Shop? Might Have a Deal for You

Machine

Everett

Super User
Well, a buddy of mine showed me pictures of a Baldor pedestal grinder at an auction a week ago, and I threw a bid in on it. Should have known better as the label wasn't easy to read on the picture, but figured if it was 3 phase would probably be 220V, no biggie. Well, it's 3 phase but 575V. It looks like a 10" grinder as it's about 5-1/4" from shaft centres to the inside of the guard housings. Would have made a nice addition to the shop if I could use it but hey, you win some you lose some.
No really cost effective ways I could find for power conversion, so just figured to put it out there first to see if anyone in Central or Northern Alberta would be able to use it. If not, I might just use the stand for something else and toss the grinder, unless anyone else has an idea I hadn't thought of.

Attachments

• IMG_20230415_220531362.jpg
    IMG_20230415_220531362.jpg
    427.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20230415_220518618.jpg
    IMG_20230415_220518618.jpg
    637.6 KB · Views: 15

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I guess it can't be easily wired down to 240 volt or use a vfd on it economically eh?

Ooo I hope you got a deal on it.

I'd think there would be a market for that machine tho, those Baldors are very pricey.

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
I guess it can't be easily wired down to 240 volt or use a vfd on it economically eh?

Ooo I hope you got a deal on it.

I'd think there would be a market for that machine tho, those Baldors are very pricey.
If it were within 300 km of me I'd go get it.

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
Well, a buddy of mine showed me pictures of a Baldor pedestal grinder at an auction a week ago, and I threw a bid in on it. Should have known better as the label wasn't easy to read on the picture, but figured if it was 3 phase would probably be 220V, no biggie. Well, it's 3 phase but 575V. It looks like a 10" grinder as it's about 5-1/4" from shaft centres to the inside of the guard housings. Would have made a nice addition to the shop if I could use it but hey, you win some you lose some.
No really cost effective ways I could find for power conversion, so just figured to put it out there first to see if anyone in Central or Northern Alberta would be able to use it. If not, I might just use the stand for something else and toss the grinder, unless anyone else has an idea I hadn't thought of.
Just curious as to what your bid was..