• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Any experience with "Sulflo"?

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience with a product called "Sulflo"? I acquired this bottle of stuff and have only used it once so far. I like that it is really thick and clings to surfaces. I suspect it is old and no longer available but haven't searched yet for it.

Attachments

• 20220903_110737.jpg
    20220903_110737.jpg
    519.1 KB · Views: 3

whydontu

I Tried, It Broke
Premium Member
a few hundreds gallons over my working career. Very common back in the day for pipe threading. Not as common these days because it’s kind of toxic. Now we use Ridgid Nu-Clear.

Does work well for threading steel pipe, reduces thread tear out.

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
My bottle of stuff appears to be a thick gelatinous sort of carrier with small bits of sulfur granules in it....is that how it is supposed to be? I sort of expected a homogenous thick liquid?

whydontu

I Tried, It Broke
Premium Member
supposed to be homogenous, but it does tend to settle out. Off you go to the Value Village Boutique to buy a mixer, because Cruise Director will be mighty pissed if you use the kitchen mixer. (Actually kind of handy to have a mixer in the shop for paint and cutting oil)