• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Another Reasonably Priced BP Clone

trlvn

Ultra Member
Apparently a bit of excavation work will be required:

$_59.PNG

Craig

John Conroy

Premium Member
It looks like a genuine Excello, made in Canada up until 1985. Could be a very good machine if it's not worn out

Last edited:

John Conroy

Premium Member
I went and looked at this mill as I have always wanted an Excello. This one is an early version with a 1.5hp motor. It does not have the improvements that the later ones had. This one has quite a bit of wear on the ways and rust as well. Lots of gritty dried up oil everywhere. I'll keep looking, this one needs too much work.

Everett

Super User
Ok, thanks for the update John - it truly is sometimes hard to tell condition just from wide shot pictures.

John Conroy

Premium Member
Apparently a bit of excavation work will be required:

$_59.PNG

Craig
The whole shop is like that. It is about 40 feet wide by 100 feet long and there is just one path wide enough to walk through from front to back. What you see in this picture is what it's like everywhere else. There is another later model Excello mill (not for sale) at the very back that has a 8-12" riser block on it. It's in the same condition with junk piled all around. Apparently there is a newer First brand mill and a larger universal vertical/horizontal mill in another shop a few miles away. He showed me some blurry cell phone pics of those and they look to be in the same condition.

Last edited:

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
The Stan Canada is selling few mills as well for cheap. One I seen has a riser block. All reasonably priced. It feels they cannot move them.

Yeah without power feeds, with rust and with some old oil as well as being very old with a 1.5hp motor the price seems a bit high. If used up a lot to add then I think it is much closer to maybe 2500 max. If you want a project maybe start with a 2000 offer.

REMY!

I went and looked at this mill as I have always wanted an Excello. This one is an early version with a 1.5hp motor. It does not have the improvements that the later ones had. This one has quite a bit of wear on the ways and rust as well. Lots of gritty dried up oil everywhere. I'll keep looking, this one needs too much work.
i have an excello 9x36 mill with a 6inch riser if your interested. it is converted to 240v 3ph 3hp to be run a vfd. will deliver if you want... just looking for a reason to get away from home right now.

John Conroy

Premium Member
Thanks for your offer Remy. I would only be interested in the newest version of the model 602 with a 9 X 48 table and the 6 bolt head to ram mount in very good condition. I am happy with my Ferro 10 X 50 Bridgeport clone but would go after an Excello like that.