Another Calgary local

88hillman

I'm not sure how many years ago it was that I first joined this forum, but it was likely before marriage and kids. That makes it a while ago... so this is as good as a first introduction.

There has always been an interest in making and while I've primarily worked in wood I used the excuse of fixing and modifying an old Land Rover to start buying tools. It started innocently with a 7x11 bandsaw, progressed with an Atlas lathe, then the wheels fell off my sanity. Sold the Atlas lathe after picking up an old Series 2000 1120 Standard Modern lathe and 9x42 knee mill. Oh, there was an Atlas shaper in there for a while too, but it went away after I had the knee mill due to the versatility.

In the past ~12 years I've only really used the metalworking machines for a couple of small projects. Recently I needed to make some fixture parts so they are set up and going in the last week.
I seem to have forgotten more than I remember, but it's fun learning all over again!

SW Calgary and looking forward to connecting with others in the area to chat and learn.

I'm not sure how many years ago it was that I first joined this forum, but it was likely before marriage and kids. That makes it a while ago... so this is as good as a first introduction.

There has always been an interest in making and while I've primarily worked in wood I used the excuse of fixing and modifying an old Land Rover to start buying tools. It started innocently with a 7x11 bandsaw, progressed with an Atlas lathe, then the wheels fell off my sanity. Sold the Atlas lathe after picking up an old Series 2000 1120 Standard Modern lathe and 9x42 knee mill. Oh, there was an Atlas shaper in there for a while too, but it went away after I had the knee mill due to the versatility.

In the past ~12 years I've only really used the metalworking machines for a couple of small projects. Recently I needed to make some fixture parts so they are set up and going in the last week.
I seem to have forgotten more than I remember, but it's fun learning all over again!

SW Calgary and looking forward to connecting with others in the area to chat and learn.
Welcome to the madhouse from Lillooet BC.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Welcome back! The place is different now. Gone to the dogs. Too many members outside the Calgary area now.

Wait..... I think that includes me!

Rewrite.

The place has dramatically changed for the better since back when you joined!