• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Amazon/Pitney Bowes drives me nuts

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
I'm trying to source all the final bits and whatsits for the CNC router and some other shop projects.
Ordered stuff to make a remote switch for my dust collector and a grease gun to grease the bearing blocks on the router.
The remote switch was ordered Jan 8 and has been in Victoria since Jan. 19 with a delivery date of Jan 23. No sign of it and no way to contact Pitney Bowes. I'm told that I have to wait till Feb 11 before I can mark it as not delivered.
Grease gun ordered Jan 11 arrived in Victoria Jan 23, delivery date Jan 26. Also have to wail till Feb 11 before I can mark it not delivered.
Managed to get with Amazon yesterday and got refunds for the shipping costs so there's that I guess.
If they aren't delivered I'll have to order and wait again...

On the other hand, On Jan 27 I ordered some parts to make a remote for the CNC. They are being delivered today. Not by Pitney Bowes.

Sigh, first world problems. Thanks for reading...

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Is the remote switch something special? I'm using this Noma switch on my dust sucker.
I had to buy a new one after 6 years because the remote wore out.
Well now I feel silly. The part I bought was a remote switch but I’d have to stick it in an electrical box blah blah blah. Your solution is 1000 times easier. Definitely going to pick up one of those! Thanks mate!

SomeGuy

Hobbyist
I also had something shipping via Pitney Bowes from amazon not show up for a month until I could finally get a refund on it. Tracking shows this:

1643771017914.png

I got my refund and re-ordered it, also coming Pitney Bowes but at least this time has legit tracking movement. I wonder if both will eventually show up.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member

Tom O

Ultra Member
Nice but not really pocket friendly I’d like to see at least a 2 button system if it’s for the pocket but in the shop coat it would be fine.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Nice but not really pocket friendly I’d like to see at least a 2 button system if it’s for the pocket but in the shop coat it would be fine.
I have one remote on the top of my tablesaw fence and the other is hanging up for the moment.
Not sure what you mean by two button setup though.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Post an image, I'm not following either.

@David_R8 & @YYCHM .

The forum has been glitchy for me the last little bit. Perhaps @Tom O has not seen your question. So I'll provide what I think he means for him.

Remotes in a pocket tend to activate accidentally quite often when other things touch them. So I think he means he wants a remote where you have to press two buttons at once or the same button twice to prevent accidental activation in his pocket.

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
How is the remote working for you? The new NOMA one I mentioned from crappy is really,,,,,, crappy! I've had two die in the last few months after the first one lasted six years.
If yours is working well I'll get one as well.

Last edited:

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
How is the remote working for you? The new NOMA one I mentioned from crappy is really,,,,,, crappy! I've had two die in the last few months after the first one lasted six years.
If yours is working well I'll get one as well.
Hey Mike, it's working perfectly. I put the remote in the well on the tablesaw fence so it's handy to turn on/off.