• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Amazon.ca Order - WOW

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Yesterday afternoon I ordered at TDI and set of parallels. I selected items that shipped via Amazon and were eligible for free shipping. Both were hand delivered today at 12:45 together in a single box. Shipping was free and the estimated deliver was to be Monday.

I'm impressed. Looks like if you select items that state ships via Amazon they are already in the Country. These were obviously already in Calgary.

Craig

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Yesterday afternoon I ordered at TDI and set of parallels. I selected items that shipped via Amazon and were eligible for free shipping. Both were hand delivered today at 12:45 together in a single box. Shipping was free and the estimated deliver was to be Monday.

I'm impressed. Looks like if you select items that state ships via Amazon they are already in the Country. These were obviously already in Calgary.

Craig
Yes things were terribly slow there for a while but it appears to be getting back to normal. When an item happens to be in Calgary I can order in the morning and often have it in the morning on day three all the way down here in Warner. Pretty damn good. BC warehouse adds about 1-2 days eastern Canada location often a week or more.

Bradells

(BRad)

Craig

Oohhhh,

I’m looking for parallels... which ones did you get?

Brad

Bradells

(BRad)
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00QSS3OV0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Haven't measured them with anything yet, but they look ok to me. Nice sturdy box as well.

Craig

Looks great!

Although I could probably cut them in half and they’d still be too long to use on my machine (2” sherline vice) not to mention too tall for most of the kit...

I’m just wondering if I machine my own out of plastic or something (bolt down to a milking (gah, darn auto-wrong! ... milling ...) plate and run an endmill along both long edges)

Brad

Last edited:

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Ya, you need the little guys. I had some little one's for my mini-mill that I got from LMS. $15 us + shipping. Look around on Amazon, you'll probably find some little ones.

Craig

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
That was fast. Yeah I have same set but I prefer using the thicker ones in the 1/4 range not the 1/8.

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
What are your thoughts on wavy parallels? I've been humming and hawing about them.
Thats all I have right now and all I used on my "milling" attachment for the lathe but don't know any better. I have a set of the ones discussed above coming also. I think i may have started with the wavy ones because they were only 4.5" long and thats all I needed at the time and they were likely the cheapest I could find. I now need longer ones.