Supplies Amazon Bandsaw Blades

Supplies

MashingMetal

Just checking to see if anyone has bought the “Imachinist” bandsaw blades off Amazon. I bought one of those little guy horizontal saws recently that takes the 64.5” blade. I know there are lots of other sources like R&D but for $21.00 for bimetal seems like a deal.
I had a big saw that came with
a life time supply of lenox blades, but I wasn’t using it enough to justify the space.
Thanks

mickeyf

I got a Starrett blade from Amazon about year and a half ago. Sadly, mine is the 2 start review.

I have just discovered, but have not yet tried these people, but they responsed very quickly to an emailed question, and they apparently ship everywhere.

MashingMetal

Wow you would expect better from Starrett, good to know.
I got a Starrett blade from Amazon about year and a half ago. Sadly, mine is the 2 start review.

I have just discovered, but have not yet tried these people, but they responsed very quickly to an emailed question, and they apparently ship everywhere.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
I bought an Amazon “Imachinist” bandsaw blade in 2021. Seems to be hanging in there.

I should probably order another one.

Last edited:

MashingMetal

I guess a year isn’t bad, Did you use a lubricant on the blade?
I just made a chip tray for mine and thinking of adding something for cutting.
I bought an Amazon “Imachinist” bandsaw blade in 2021. Seems to be hanging in there.

I should probably order another one.

I cut a lot of alumimium with a bandsaw at the limits of the machines capacity.

To my knowledge there is no specific blade for aluminium.

That said the biggest issue with aluminium is scarf build up in the gullet of the teeth, it generally needs the coarsest blade you can get, with one exception slitting thin wall aluminium tubing or thin sheet.

The second trick on big thick cuts is pressure, keep it low with good blade speed, you want prevent scarf build up or it binds.

My machine has coolant, I don't use it, I've tried different lubes, don't help much considering the mess they make.

With steels, SS, 4140 and hard stuff, higher blade pressure (feed rate), lubes/coolant is option here.

On final thing on 3/4" blades or smaller you are limited on tooth count choice (7x12 or smaller machines).

When I get a chance I'll share my source for custom blades, they have a good price.

MashingMetal

Thanks so much for your info, I am lucky to have a Record circular metal cut off saw for aluminum so it’s mostly steel on the metal bandsaw. Please share your source for blades!
I cut a lot of alumimium with a bandsaw at the limits of the machines capacity.

To my knowledge there is no specific blade for aluminium.

That said the biggest issue with aluminium is scarf build up in the gullet of the teeth, it generally needs the coarsest blade you can get, with one exception slitting thin wall aluminium tubing or thin sheet.

The second trick on big thick cuts is pressure, keep it low with good blade speed, you want prevent scarf build up or it binds.

My machine has coolant, I don't use it, I've tried different lubes, don't help much considering the mess they make.

With steels, SS, 4140 and hard stuff, higher blade pressure (feed rate), lubes/coolant is option here.

On final thing on 3/4" blades or smaller you are limited on tooth count choice (7x12 or smaller machines).

When I get a chance I'll share my source for custom blades, they have a good price.