• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Affordable Way to Lift, Move, Transfer Heavy Rotary Tables & Vises

Tmate

I didn't want to assemble my engine hoist every time I wanted to transfer my rotary table and/or Kurt vise to my mill. Since I lacked the space to store a large lift table, I found this alternative:

I purchased a 16 1/2" x 13 3/4" Durhand scissors lift table with a height range of 14" to 36". I added a 7" booster block out of 2x6s and plywood as shown in the photos. Six coats of polyurethane on the top helps items slide easily. A small rectangular piece screwed to the bottom of the block registers in a matching hole in the table top to keep it from sliding around.

Table cost around $175 with free shipping at: https://www.aosom.com/item/durhand-3...s~C30-009.html

To prevent the possibility of the lift table moving away from the mill during the transfer, I Installed two 3/8" diameter lag bolts with flat washers as shown. When the surfaces of the lift table and mill table are even, the lag bolt heads align with the .400" wide slot across the front of the Bridgeport table, and slide in place. They don't have to be tight -- they still hold the lift table securely in place.

IMG_9310.JPG IMG_9307.jpg IMG_9336.JPG IMG_9337.JPG IMG_9338.JPG IMG_9339.JPG

Last edited:

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
Good solution, you'll probably wonder how you got along without the lift. The web site doesn't show a shipping cost to Canada but Amazon has a couple of comparable options.
A drawer in the box would be nice for holding "stuff".

Tom O

Ultra Member
That’s the joy of not being a enclosed mill. I am using a foldable hoist with homemade stubby legs that slide under the milling machine the boom doesn’t get extended.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I like it too. I have to work on heavy stuff from time to time. Your contraption would facilitate that. I have a Ripper plow tine that is 1.5ft at one end, pointed at the other, about 4ft long, and 2.5 inches thick. The guy who owns it didn't understand how shear pins work. When the first one broke, he replaced it with regular steel instead of Grade 5. It didn't shear. Instead it badly deformed the plate hole. I need to bore it out, make a bushing for it and weld it in.

I've been dreading the job of making a support stand for it and getting it up onto my mill. I could put the whole Ripper plate on your table with my loader tractor and then lift it to fit the business end of my new to me mill. I love it.