Tool Accusize 8 inch 3 jaw reversible scroll chuck reveiw with 5% Promo Code

Tool

Mcgyver

Ultra Member
That was nice of them.

i've been a doubting Thomas on these, it would be great to see a few more tests in the review.....

.002 TIR is excellent, but it would be a good idea to check several diameters (even the broken clock is right twice a day). Also, reverse the jaws and test a few diameters - is it still as good? That can be a pain to find something to test with, but it would check an important feature of the chuck.

The other thing that is important is to check it in two planes. Use a long piece known to be straight and round, check it at the chuck, then check several inches away from the chuck. i.e. you can have concentricity at one spot (where its usually tested next to the chuck) but not have good axial alignment. Turning a test piece will reveal a taper if its out (you'll get a taper) but then you don't really know what the taper is from (chuck or levelling) so its best check TIR in two planes.

Last edited:

Matt-Aburg

Ultra Member
Thanks for the info on grease etc... I bought the same chuck B4 Christmas and still have not got to it. It is on the ever-expanding list of things to do. One thing I noticed is you did not link the part in your Video. Is this part # 0559-0102? Just want to see if my purchase is exactly the same as you show.

Thanks for the info on grease etc... I bought the same chuck B4 Christmas and still have not got to it. It is on the ever-expanding list of things to do. One thing I noticed is you did not link the part in your Video. Is this part # 0559-0102? Just want to see if my purchase is exactly the same as you show.
Yes that is the correct part number for this chuck
That was nice of them.

i've been a doubting Thomas on these, it would be great to see a few more tests in the review.....

.002 TIR is excellent, but it would be a good idea to check several diameters (even the broken clock is right twice a day). Also, reverse the jaws and test a few diameters - is it still as good? That can be a pain to find something to test with, but it would check an important feature of the chuck.

The other thing that is important is to check it in two planes. Use a long piece known to be straight and round, check it at the chuck, then check several inches away from the chuck. i.e. you can have concentricity at one spot (where its usually tested next to the chuck) but not have good axial alignment. Turning a test piece will reveal a taper if its out (you'll get a taper) but then you don't really know what the taper is from (chuck or levelling) so its best check TIR in two planes.
Thanks for your reply, I have done more checks on this chuck, checked tir with jaws reversed still under 0.002" also tested with 2-1/2 Hydraulic shaft axial alighnment 0.001" at 10", same reading as my MT5 Test bar. Head stock could be adjusted but moving lathe soon and not adjusting until after moving lathe. I am very pleased with this chuck and other Accusize products I have purchased. They are well worth the price.

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Standard Chinese chuck. Got lucky with TIR - its K11-200 chuck. They come in with different back plates etc.

Vevor sells K11-200A which is almost identical, main difference is 1/3 of the price but no backing plate. Also no bolts in front. Then again Accusize D1-4 also has no bolts in front - so maybe its another variation on K11-200.

Accusize sells K11-250A as well - which is this chuck in 10" size flat back - notice the A - so the Vevor and Accusize in 10" are one and the same.

The K12 is the 3 jaw chuck without two piece jaw.

I think given the naming convention it feels like they are all made in the same factory.

Another popular brand name is Sanou.

Not sure why Accusize is not using the factory K naming convention.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Head stock could be adjusted but moving lathe soon and not adjusting until after moving lathe.

Good call. Adjusting now would be a waste of time.

I am very pleased with this chuck and other Accusize products I have purchased. They are well worth the price.

I agree.

What makes accusize different?

Personally, I think they have pull somehow. They have managed to get custom markings and a separate brand. While that's nothing special, it indicates a preferred status.

But here is an example of their pull: I bought a set of 4 bxa tool holders from them. One had an adjusting screw miss drilled. I sent them a note and explained what I found. They wrote their supplier who gave them a BS answer. They gave that BS Report to me. I turned around and told them how it was BS. Two weeks later I got a copy of another report that laid out all the process changes that had been made to prevent this and a new set of holders that were all perfect. Not only that, they let me keep the previous set which I then fixed. I was SO Impressed! Obviously, Accusize was able to rattle chains that other buyers can't.

For me as a little guy with no pull anywhere anymore, that was very confidence inspiring. I've always had great success (not luck) with accusize. They have always backed their products.

Try that on Ali......

Standard Chinese chuck. Got lucky with TIR - its K11-200 chuck. They come in with different back plates etc.

Vevor sells K11-200A which is almost identical, main difference is 1/3 of the price but no backing plate. Also no bolts in front. Then again Accusize D1-4 also has no bolts in front - so maybe its another variation on K11-200.

Accusize sells K11-250A as well - which is this chuck in 10" size flat back - notice the A - so the Vevor and Accusize in 10" are one and the same.

The K12 is the 3 jaw chuck without two piece jaw.

I think given the naming convention it feels like they are all made in the same factory.

Another popular brand name is Sanou.

Not sure why Accusize is not using the factory K naming convention.
The link you have in your comment does not even look like what I recieved from Accusize. And the other vendors you listed did not send me a chuck. Things I have noticed is a lot of products coming from anywhere can be ordered by any vendor with instructions to make a great product or with instructions to make a piece of crap for an agreed upon price. Everybody is doing it. Look at Jacobs Drill chucks, why is it better to buy an old one and rebuild than a new one made in 2023? They decided to put more money in their pockets and more crap on the market. Few people and companys have any pride these days. Why is it people and companys 40 years ago we use to says "look how nice this is" - verus now "look how much money I made". Pride use to be something you felt when you did great. Now it is a parade. Where did we go wrong. When you find some person or company putting out good product that they are proud to say they did it, you found something worth having. Accusize has the pride to put their name on the products I have and I am proud to say I will continue to use their products. This was started to let you all know you can save 5% on Accusize.

Last edited:

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
This was started to let you all know you can save 5% on Accusize.

I like that. Good on you for arranging it.

Now my question is: How about shipping? If I buy Accusize on Amazon w prime, I get free shipping. That is often a much bigger savings than 5%. Obviously, Accusize is giving Amazon a cut. I bet it's more than 5%. And Amazon is providing free shipping. So I wonder if we could get Accusize to do 10% plus free shipping for us.

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
The link you have in your comment does not even look like what I recieved from Accusize. Are your glasses from Aliexpress.com? And the other vendors you listed did not send me a chuck. Things I have noticed is a lot of products coming from anywhere can be ordered by any vendor with instructions to make a great product or with instructions to make a piece of crap for an agreed upon price. Everybody is doing it. Look at Jacobs Drill chucks, why is it better to buy an old one and rebuild than a new one made in 2023? They decided to put more money in their pockets and more crap on the market. Few people and companys have any pride these days. Why is it people and companys 40 years ago we use to says "look how nice this is" - verus now "look how much money I made". Pride use to be something you felt when you did great. Now it is a parade. Where did we go wrong. When you find some person or company putting out good product that they are proud to say they did it, you found something worth having. Accusize has the pride to put their name on the products I have and I am proud to say I will continue to use their products. This was started to let you all know you can save 5% on Accusize.

Respectfully I disagree. Accusize is just a reseller. They do not produce any chucks and have just laser etched name on the chuck. The link I provided is exactly same chuck as on Accusize website. If its a subtype then it is the exactly same chuck as Vevor has but without back plate.

You can compare the pictures - they are identical, same placement everything the same.

Accusize is just charging premium for the same cheap Chinese products everyone else is selling. Having better support than say Vevor (I think) may be worth some $$$. But actual product is identical. Made in the same factory. They are way too small to order product to their specifications. I.e. no factory in China is going to make a small run of 50 chucks for some small place in Canada to "their specifications".

Heck, even Vevor - which is 100x bigger just re-sells same stuff. At least Vevor says these are K type chucks and does not pretend, like Accusize they are their own "brand name".

Why are you bringing up companies that actually make tools - such as Jacobs? What will be next, Bison? These are actual brands with their own production facilities. Even if they make it in China it is made to their standard in house. Jacob would never get generic B16 chuck and laser etch "Jacobs" on it. Also Jacobs would have their own unique design to make sure visually their chuck is different from generic. Take a look at the Jacobs chucks you have and at Chinese chucks - unless China felt like copying the look, they look different even from a meter away.

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
I like that. Good on you for arranging it.

Now my question is: How about shipping? If I buy Accusize on Amazon w prime, I get free shipping. That is often a much bigger savings than 5%. Obviously, Accusize is giving Amazon a cut. I bet it's more than 5%. And Amazon is providing free shipping. So I wonder if we could get Accusize to do 10% plus free shipping for us.

It is more like 10% and Accusize pays for storage of items at Amazon warehouse as well as for shipping / packaging service.

You are right to ask for 10% + free shipping on say orders over $50 with some size/ weight restrictions. As an example, you can give Vevor that offers free shipping on its website and almost all prices are LESS than on Amazon. Plus, you get 5% discount.