• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

About the iPhone photo format

a smile

Lifelong hobby - cold iron
Premium Member
Today, I suddenly found that many photos taken by mobile phones could not be read by PC. After Google query, I realized that the photo format after the current firmware 11 is HEIC format. This seems to add to some of the difficulties of reading the phone's photos directly.
If it is not a very complicated program change, I hope the forum can provide an internal format converter!
Also, I think there should be a picture batch processor inside the forum if possible. Image size can be converted.
This is just my suggestion, maybe the forum needs to pay more technical cost.

ChazzC

Today, I suddenly found that many photos taken by mobile phones could not be read by PC. After Google query, I realized that the photo format after the current firmware 11 is HEIC format. This seems to add to some of the difficulties of reading the phone's photos directly.
If it is not a very complicated program change, I hope the forum can provide an internal format converter!
Also, I think there should be a picture batch processor inside the forum if possible. Image size can be converted.
If you “share” the photos with a PC wirelessly, the iPhone will send them as jpeg’s. I haven’t had any issues uploading to the forum directly from my iPhone (just uploaded two in a reply to @Susquatch ’s question about a new mouse); however, they were screenshots so may be a different animal; most of the photos I take with my iPhone are posted after I use Radiant Photo to crop, and Radiant saves these as jpeg.

As a test, I’ve attached a raw photo direct from my iPhone.

[photo was too large, but here’s a screenshot showing it was uploaded as a jpeg]

IMG_7599.jpeg

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member

Not gunna happen Smile. We are looking for ways to save money not spend it. And technical support like you describe doesn't really exist. Sure, lots can do the conversion. Piece of cake for me. But that's not at all the same as integrating it into the forum software. This would have to be done by the authors of the forum software.

As @ChazzC describes, these are all things users can and should handle for themselves.