• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

A Special Lathe Tool Bit

carrdo

Hi All,

Here is a special lathe tool bit which I have used many times to get one into and out of a tight spot/corner where no other tool bit will do the job.

And if one takes light cuts, it will also leave a beautiful surface finish. This one happens to be ground from a standard brazed carbide tool bit but the same can be made from HSS. It just takes a lot of grinding to produce the slim form.

Attachments

• 179 A Special Lathe Toolbit to Get You Into and Out of a Tight Spot.jpg .jpg
    179 A Special Lathe Toolbit to Get You Into and Out of a Tight Spot.jpg .jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 47
You sure like to plan ahead don't you!

Can I assume you have a 127 tooth gear on your lathe? Or is that part of the project?
I missed your reply at the time...

I've been told that my lathe can thread 1.25 metric threads but until I get it spinning I can't actually test that claim. Then there is our other lathe which also should turn this thread too.

I hope to get to get to this in september or october because I really need an adapter to fit W12 spindle

Back