• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

A Small Knee Mill in Calgary

trlvn

Ultra Member
For posterity:

$_59.JPG

Asking $3,500. Includes vice, collets, chuck, etc. No DRO or power feed.

Craig

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Yup its gone. I made the 6.5 hour round trip to Calgary and came home with it. Its a cute little machine.... i hope the little part is not too much of a hindrance but a large knee machine probably wasn't going to happen for me and this is light years ahead of my homemade milling attachment I made for my little lathe.

kevin.decelles

Jack of all trades -- Master of none
Premium Member
Welcome to the 6x26 club! There is a yahoo group dedicated to 6x26 mods and has everything for pretty much any hop-ups you might think of (vfd , risers, power feeds)

My mods (in order of value to me)

X axis power feed
3 phase vfd conversion
3 axis dro
Rubber mounted levelling feet

My one shot Oiler is garbage.

Probably the biggest limitation is the 6” y axis. You’ll hit that limit before the x, but I really like to machine. (Mine is the old green craftex). My aliexpress power feed was a direct bolt on. No plates etc

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Welcome to the 6x26 club! There is a yahoo group dedicated to 6x26 mods and has everything for pretty much any hop-ups you might think of (vfd , risers, power feeds)

My mods (in order of value to me)

X axis power feed
3 phase vfd conversion
3 axis dro
Rubber mounted levelling feet

My one shot Oiler is garbage.

Probably the biggest limitation is the 6” y axis. You’ll hit that limit before the x, but I really like to machine. (Mine is the old green craftex). My aliexpress power feed was a direct bolt on. No plates etc

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Awesome to have someone on this forum with the same machine.

I'd love to do those mods you've done. I think some sort of dro is going to be high on the list.

Yes the extremely limited y axis is almost silly. I am quite happy with the overall build and the rigidity looks pretty good too for the size of the machine.

My one shot oiler seems to work OK but it has a broken line....i don't know where I will find that sort of tubing other than a machinery supplier like Busybee.

What do you have for a stand? I got the craftex stand with the machine and it appears sturdy enough but there is zero storage in it. I dont think i can have that loss of space in my shop....i have to squirell away something in every nook and cranny.

RobinHood

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Good job on getting a mill.

My one shot oiler seems to work OK but it has a broken line...

my guess it is standard 4mm tubing. 5/32” should work; might have to gently heat it up to stretch it open (5/32” => 3.969 mm). You can probably reuse the ferrule, the gland
and the nut from the old line if you carefully remove these items from the broken tube.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Awesome to have someone on this forum with the same machine.

I'd love to do those mods you've done. I think some sort of dro is going to be high on the list.

Yes the extremely limited y axis is almost silly. I am quite happy with the overall build and the rigidity looks pretty good too for the size of the machine.

My one shot oiler seems to work OK but it has a broken line....i don't know where I will find that sort of tubing other than a machinery supplier like Busybee.

What do you have for a stand? I got the craftex stand with the machine and it appears sturdy enough but there is zero storage in it. I dont think i can have that loss of space in my shop....i have to squirell away something in every nook and cranny.
I don't have one of these so I have no experience however it looks like one could machine a spacer to be added.
Isn't that done to Bridgeports?
kneemill.jpg

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Bet you're not hauling that into a basement:p Nice machine!

Last edited: