• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

A site "feature' discussion...

trevj

Ultra Member
I click on the "Quote' button to reply to a message and quote it's contents.

A pop-up then says something about "added to multi-quote" or some such.

Why does it not simply quote the message? And, if there is a Multi-quote post being ghosted away in the machine somewhere, how the "bleep" do I kill it? Effin' Pain in the arse!

I notice also that when I see fit to begin writing a reply, but decide not to post it (usually due to my inner arse-hole being adjudged to be out of line...by the outer one! LOL!) , the forum software will keep the draft for frikken seems like days, rather than simply dumping it when I bail out. Same part of the software? If so, please kill that!

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
If you want to purge your draft I think just click the Delete option under Save icon.

1714968306015.png
Possibly you still have to trash any embedded attachments separately with the icon or delete key.
1714968435594.png

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
re your first question, I think its a generic response. If you just click one post it will quote one only. If you click 2+ posts it will paste those accordingly. I actually didn't know that was a feature till just now

1714968551414.png

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I click on the "Quote' button to reply to a message and quote it's contents.

A pop-up then says something about "added to multi-quote" or some such.

Why does it not simply quote the message?

Because it is being saved for later use in a multi quote reply. It's a great feature that I love.

To get what you want, just click reply instead.

If you don't want to reply to the whole message, block the part you want to reply to and then click on the popup reply instead.

And, if there is a Multi-quote post being ghosted away in the machine somewhere, how the "bleep" do I kill it? Effin' Pain in the arse!

No no no. Very cool power there.

Just click on insert quotes and kill the ones you don't want.

Or pick the ones you do want and go from there.

I sense you would be better off using the reply functionality and not the quote functionality.

I notice also that when I see fit to begin writing a reply, but decide not to post it (usually due to my inner arse-hole being adjudged to be out of line...by the outer one! LOL!) , the forum software will keep the draft for frikken seems like days, rather than simply dumping it when I bail out. Same part of the software? If so, please kill that!

No no no again. I get all upset when it does kill my draft. I hate rewriting the same thing over again twice. I'm happy to keep it forever. Usually I write drafts and then sit on them for a few days lest I press send and piss on my own shoes.

You can kill them by blocking them and pressing delete. Or you can delete the draft as @PeterT explained.

trevj

Ultra Member
To get what you want, just click reply instead.
Did. Got no quotes.

Like this post. I cleared a bunch of stuff off the post quote, and it refused to allow me to actually add my input.
So I am editing in what I meant to say.

Just sayin'. The Forum software has some glitches in the Matrix!

trevj

Ultra Member
No no no again. I get all upset when it does kill my draft. I hate rewriting the same thing over again twice. I'm happy to keep it forever. Usually I write drafts and then sit on them for a few days lest I press send and piss on my own shoes.

You can kill them by blocking them and pressing delete. Or you can delete the draft as @PeterT explained.
Other Forum software saves the typed reply every so often. I can live with that. But it doesn't auto-fill a reply two days after I decided not to post it! That, is f***ing crap!

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Other Forum software saves the typed reply every so often. I can live with that. But it doesn't auto-fill a reply two days after I decided not to post it! That, is f***ing crap!

I don't believe the autofill is a forum thing. I believe it's a browser thing.

Quite frankly Trev, I wish it was a forum thing cuz that's a feature I would like. That way I could jump around dealing with priorities at will and still recover a draft I created a few days earlier.

You can explicitly delete or save drafts using the edit menu. But nothing we do on the forum side can control what your browser is set to do. That is up to you.

Next time, try explicitly deleting the draft. This should look after 75% of your concerns.