• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

A mag drill (biggie sized?)

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
I've been slightly jealous over John Nielsen's mag drills for about 2 years... In order to stop me bellyaching, he found me this:

IMG_20220130_155823.jpg Post thread

A Black and Decker 1554 1 1/4" mag drill with a MT3 arbour adapter included - for a steal! He even found me 2 copies of the manual for it. WOW that was nice of him.

- the drill chuck is on loan from him until I get my crane project done.

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
I'll weight it soon, but it feels like 100lbs. Those eyes on the mag base are for putting a safety chain on it while drilling -- *upside down*. The actual lifting eye is at the top of the column. They would crane it into place to work on structural steel, it's intended purpose.

Dusty

(Bill)
Premium Member
I've been slightly jealous over John Nielsen's mag drills for about 2 years... In order to stop me bellyaching, he found me this:

View attachment 20526 Post thread

A Black and Decker 1554 1 1/4" mag drill with a MT3 arbour adapter included - for a steal! He even found me 2 copies of the manual for it. WOW that was nice of him.

- the drill chuck is on loan from him until I get my crane project done.

Envy the guys who have loads of room for shop equipment, can barely scratch the boys in my shop. Devil made me say that.

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
Envy the guys who have loads of room for shop equipment

I'm really swamped. no space at all. I have things living outside under tarps because of my lack of room problem. But I just couldn't resist. - especially at the price.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
I'm really swamped. no space at all. I have things living outside under tarps because of my lack of room problem. But I just couldn't resist. - especially at the price.
Ya think maybe this is part of the problem:p:rolleyes:

15X60 Leblond lathe
14X40 Modern Lathe
12X37 Busy Bee Lathe
9X49 First mill
8X36 Modern Mill
7X42 Hartford Mill
7X24 Horizontal mill
Brown and Sharpe 6X12 Surface Grinder
Keller tool and cutter grinder
saws and stuff.