• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

9” and 10” Utilathe Follow Rest Plans

Brent H

Ultra Member
Can the 9” lads shoot me the couple missing dimensions and I will make some changes and put up a set of PDF plans.
A160FEB2-7D38-4C8C-9E65-6C74FF0D2800.jpeg

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
1 - 3.690"
2 - 3.250"
I just checked the drawing that I have and the #1 on the drawing is 3.625 and the #2 is the same at 3.250

Last edited:

Brent H

Ultra Member
Thank you @YotaBota - I will get some changes done and post some PDF's - you guys really liked the yellow on white right???? hahahahahahahahaha

I will be sure it is clear - there are some small parts and some you will have to figure out how you can best make them or simply adapt something to fit. This is originally a casting and then machined so things may be a bit different if it is build up out of steel? This would be a neato thing to 3D print, make a mold and then cast it out of cast iron.....maybe ...... maybe not - LOL

Brent H

Ultra Member
Here are the plans for the 9" Utilathe version. I dimensioned everything you should require - you will have to fit things on your lathe and check it out. I do not have a 9" Utilathe so there may be a couple differences that you can account for on your own build. This is a scaled drawing of of what would originally be a chunk of cast iron. You will need to weld components together etc to get to the final item. The triangular looking skirt in the front you will need to figure out how to deal with it - weld plate in and then cut out a sexy profile?

Attachments

• Follow Rest Back View.pdf
    14.9 KB · Views: 18
  • Follow Rest Front View.pdf
    34.9 KB · Views: 15
  • Follow Rest Left View.pdf
    20.3 KB · Views: 12
  • Follow Rest Lock Knob.pdf
    19.8 KB · Views: 9
  • Follow Rest Plunger and Body.pdf
    38.4 KB · Views: 9
  • Follow Rest Plunger Screw.pdf