• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

7x12 bandsaw $250

Johnwa

Ultra Member
Yes. He messaged me about it. I let him know that I wasn’t interested at that price.

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
$500 is a decent price if in working order - not high not low - just right. Not a hot seller. Once it gets down to around $400 it is a good deal. At $250 it was a steal.

Johnwa

Ultra Member
Yes $250 is pretty low but does depend on the TLC required. Other than it would be faster, I can count on one hand the times I’ve needed a saw bigger than my 4x6.

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Eh even beaten up $250 is very low. I am not sure what could be done to it, other then say not working motor, broken pump and destroyed gear to lower the price under 250. If it is working, even badly, 250 is a steal. I guess broken in two frame would be an issue also.

As per picture unless something is really well hidden, 250 was an awesome deal. 350 as well. 400 is a good buy price, 500 so - so.

BTW, if gear is worn off or broken, I have barely used gear setup I can part with.

Also this saw does circles around 4x6.

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
400-500$ is about right for a 7X12 saw in decent working order. I'd take a cut with it and listen carefully before parting with $.

+1 on @Tom Kitta about the visible condition.

It is an older 'Force' brand. Not my favourite. on the very low end of the Taiwanese machines.

A branded saw, like an Emmerson, is worth double that, used, and in good condition.