• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

7.5hp 3ph motor

x.l.r.8

5BB7EB00-A2BC-405D-898D-6AF5E89DAD1C.jpeg
Offering up a brand new 7.5 hp 3ph 230/460v motor. It was going to be used for a new compressor build but I needed something much quicker and had to buy one. I’m sure people can think of a lot more uses for it but that’s what I was going to do with it. It’s sitting in my shed still bolted to the bottom of the packing case. Looking to get $200 for it. I’m located in Cambridge Ontario but can move it between there are the exhibition place Toronto if needed.

Attachments

• E196A643-2687-4FEE-BE37-F91218751F52.jpeg
    E196A643-2687-4FEE-BE37-F91218751F52.jpeg
    437.6 KB · Views: 12
  • F7C68E0F-EA82-477D-9D30-2BE891488873.jpeg
    F7C68E0F-EA82-477D-9D30-2BE891488873.jpeg
    361.3 KB · Views: 12

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Looking to get $200 for it. I’m located in Cambridge Ontario but can move it between there are the exhibition place Toronto if needed.

That's a brand new fully enclosed 230/460 Volt motor. It's worth every single penny you want for it. If I saw that at a local auction for that price, I'd buy it in a heart beat and either save it for the future or plan to flip it.

But I live too far away. I sure hope another member your way has a need for it. It would be a shame to release it into the wild.

Out of curiosity, what is the output shaft size?

x.l.r.8

Those numbers would be quite helpful. It’s a 1.375 or 1 3/8 diameter abd its 3 inches long it’s actually 3.33 depending on the tolerance you need. I have learned a lot lurking here, that’s why I’m offering it up here first. I figure someone will have a genuine use for it like I once did.

Those numbers would be quite helpful. It’s a 1.375 or 1 3/8 diameter abd its 3 inches long it’s actually 3.33 depending on the tolerance you need. I have learned a lot lurking here, that’s why I’m offering it up here first. I figure someone will have a genuine use for it like I once did.
I'd love to steal it from you at that price, its definitely worth a lot more than that.

x.l.r.8

Just let me know. It won’t fit in a Tesla roadster so if you need it transported I’ll need some warning to borrow my wife’s car

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
I sold used 7.5hp motor like 3 weeks ago for a $50 here in AB - it was used, aluminum cover. Dirty. It was to a member here on the metal workers board. I sold 15hp multi voltage (208v --> 600v) motor for like $200 also around a month ago.

I can sell in AB more motors - a nice 7.5hp used is like $100.

I would not touch a new motor for $200 on auction - way too much $. But this is AB.

x.l.r.8

Wish I’d known you when I bought it 3 years ago. Even with shipping it would have been worth it. I spent way to much on that particular project, especially the DeVilbiss 445 I had to couple it to.

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Wish I’d known you when I bought it 3 years ago. Even with shipping it would have been worth it. I spent way to much on that particular project, especially the DeVilbiss 445 I had to couple it to.

I have all sort of motors - in case you need them - usually in the 1hp --> 3hp range, 1ph motors are more $$$. I have few larger ones now but they are heavy and take lots of space so I do not have many - space issues. The motors I sold were outside - I had no place for them in the shed.

Do not feel bad - if you need very specific motor you may (or I) pay for it through the nose. Just general motors are widely available. Heck, I expect to get few motors < 5hp this week (both 1ph and 3ph). Have to re-build my stock.

BTW, I have a large compressor as well - I have a 5hp motor on the pump - but it can take 7.5hp if needed. I think it is 445 as well or super similar. They look identical to what I have. I got the compressor few years ago - works like a champ. I replaced its 3ph motor with 1ph motor so I do not need rotary to have it running. mated to 80 gal tank takes lots of space as its horizontal. Compressors are cheap where I live - I paid few years ago like 300 or 350 for it with 3ph motor. Oh and I also replaced the regulator on that compressor from PA.