6" Pratt Burnerd 3-jaw chuck - $100 Victoria

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
To late, it's marked sold.

I don't need it but at that price I should have picked it up just for a case like this. Next time.

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
I hear the guy storing it has no room at all! In no time at all, it will be into negative dollars!

When my damaged truck was stored, the fees came to more than my settlement on my truck. And those fees were less than top rate.

trevj

Ultra Member
I picked up a 4 inch PB Grip-Tru 3-Jaw at an auction in Moose Jaw some years back, for almost nothing. Myford back plate already on it, and still half covered in the factory grease!
The one down side was that the 'outside' jaws, in their waxed paper wrapping, somehow got separated in the turmoil.

I did manage to find a near mint set on eBay for little enough as to not flinch at paying for them and postage. It is worth measuring up the existing jaws, when such happens, so as to be able to inquire as to the dimensions of a likely looking prospect when you find such!

PB made really good chucks, but they priced themselves way above what the secondary suppliers were willing to pay, so they got dropped by a lot of the manufacturers (like Myford) who were normally using their product on theirs.

I think, that for the asking price, it would have to be REALLY ugly inside, to make that not a pure win!

trevj

Ultra Member
I hear the guy storing it has no room at all! In no time at all, it will be into negative dollars!

When my damaged truck was stored, the fees came to more than my settlement on my truck. And those fees were less than top rate.
Yeah, that's a pretty good racket the tow truck operators have. After 30 days unpaid, they file a claim for ownership, and they own it legally.