550 to 220 volt 3-phase

kstrauss

Wakeley's Disposals (scrapyard in Port Hope) had two 45 KVA 550 to 220 volt (actually several taps that I didn't record) 3-phase transformers this morning. They appear to be in good condition. Note that these weigh about 400 pounds each. Depending on exact weight probably $150, cash, each. Tell Tony that I sent you!

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
These can usually be used both ways. Anyone have 3ph 220 and need 550?

Doggggboy

Ultra Member
Its a 2 for 1 deal. One trip to the hospital and 2 surgeries. One surgery for cataract and another surgery for glaucoma.
Gotta like the twofers.
Bad news...I have glaucoma and a very advanced cataract in one eye.
Good news...it's the blind one.
The ophthalmic surgeon went to town with the laser and blasted enough holes in the eye to quell the glaucoma as he didn't have to worry about affecting the vision.

Dan Dubeau

Ultra Member
I always forget about Wakeleys. They still an old fashioned scrap yard that will sell you material? Hales (Newcastle recycling) is still good for that, but it depends on the day, and mood of who is working the scales when you go in sometimes.

kstrauss

Yes, you can wander about if you ask nicely. I shop at the Port Hope Loblaws every week or so and always take a wander around Wakeley's to survey anything new. Mostly junk (it is a junkyard) but occasionally some interesting stuff. Recently a pile of 7/8-inch 6061 round and 15mm bar stock offcuts, boxes of 5000 stainless blades for Schick razor cartridges (none of the plastic parts so useless for shaving), stainless aircraft cable, etc.