• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

4x6 Bandsaw mods.

djberta

Super User
Premium Member
Lots of us have the very popular 4x6 bandsaws. Sold under many different brands. I have had a jet one. Long worn out when I got it and have owned a since new busy bee one circa 2007. Post what mods you have done to yours, or even just links to mods you have seen or want to add to your bandsaw,

Mods I’ve done.
Built a separate cutting fence to enlarge the cut area,
Drilled out the drop bolt, the one the saw lands on if the head drops. Installed a bolt and car valve spring. Works great but the off switch can take a beating.
Drilled and tapped a half inch all thread to the movable vies to allow for cutting smaller parts.
Added large wheels, the small ones were really hard to get over the lip on my pad going in the garage.
Added a piece of trough for the cuttings to go in to a tray for disposal.

Mods I’m interested in doing.
Mist cooling or just a coolant system period.
As mentioned in another thread the vertical cutting table.
The adjustable down feed.

It looks like a reasonable solution. I priced the valve he's using, it's a bit pricey. I think I'd be tempted to try a ball valve instead and maybe regular air hose instead of copper.

I think you could use a check valve and a valve that has fine adjustment. I’m going to see if I have some of the parts in my junk pile. I don’t have a cylinder that small. I might try one of the tractor cylinders I have. Just to try.

Back