• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

3/4 inch steel plate $140 strome, ab

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
6779faa4-24c4-45d5-9c14-bc075e8dd215

Jswain

Joe
If they paid for it I doubt they'd be selling it for $140 either lol.

Probably a take home from an oilfield project

trevj

Ultra Member
I got a 3 x 4 foot piece of 2 inch thick plate for scrounge. A guy offered me 25 cents a pound for it, and when I got it to where we were to meet, he realized how much it was gonna cost.

When he started waffling (to be clear,, he was a friend, if not a very close one) I said fuc*it, and told him I would rather give it to him for what I paid, than get bartered down, after he had offered what he had originally.

So, I gave it to him, and wished him well. Dunno if he actually got any use out of it, but he died a short time later (#not involved), and I moved on.

Some time ya just gotta shrug yer shoulders, and move on. And if it bothers you, you try not to be what bothers you, going into the future!