$2500 Manual milling machine - Calgary

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
At this price if it works and even without the table it is very cheap, almost free. And its not a very old machine.

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Looks like Taiwan and owner says it even works! I certainly do not need a mill but maybe I could just rip it apart and make it into a CNC. Looks like a 480 / 600v machine as transformer is included.

Model looks like 2vs - i.e. the smallest one.

John Conroy

Premium Member
Thadious if you are interested don't wait to get in touch. It won't be available long at that price.

Thadious

I've already been in touch. The only response I got was 'Come see it'.

Considering I'm 6 hrs away, kinda just wanted some guarantee it'll be there when I get there and it's what I'm looking for.

I had a quick look at it and it is coming from a machine shop. Looks to be in good shape but is just too big for my available space. The rotary table and vice are included. The owner mentioned he had probably 15-20 requests already with offers up to 3k. However, he said, the first to come and pay will get it and I think he will probably stay with the 2.5k asking price. Hope that helps for someone that is interested in this mill.

Thadious

From the link that PeterT provided, it certainly looks like the same machine! This would certainly fit the bill.

StefenMFrey lots or little backlash in the feeds and it looks like it has a DRO as well...?

I messaged him to ask for his number so I could call him quickly. If it's as good as I think it is, I'd consider etransfering the fund and be there tomorrow by lunch.

Any idea if he has the capacity to load it on a flat deck car trailer?

Thanks!
Ted.

The shop has a large overhead crane, so loading is likely not an issue. Unfortunately, I did not check on the machine in detail once I saw the size, so I would not be able to tell you about the backlash. There was a linear scale installed on the x axis, but did not see a counter (display). It also does not have a R8 tool holder, it said something like (40) on the collet holder that was installed (I am not that familiar with the different tool tapers). The shop looks nice and clean and machines seems to be taken well care of.

Brent H

Ultra Member
@Thadious : if it is a 40 taper or 30 taper that is not a big deal and the holders are stronger than the R8. For $2500 it is a steal as @Tom Kitta says - with the vise and rotary - very nice

cuslog

Super User
Premium Member
Looks identical to mine - which I purchased new from Modern Tool , Calgary about +- 10 years ago.
I'd say mine is a pretty decent machine - if it comes with vice and rotab that is a great price.