• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

24" rotary table in Edmonton

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
I think you’re right Tom could be 400 pounds. That’s the weight limit on a lot of mills guys like us have. Now you need a chuck and some material. Massive. I’d like to own it but what would I do with it?

johnnielsen

John (Makonjohn)
Premium Member
I would have room for about 2 inches of travel on my Y axis with that mounted on my mill. My 14 inch rotary table is more than enough.

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
This rotary is for massive machines that have 50 taper tooling - i.e. far bigger then the Bridgeport type 1 or type 2. But these large machines are mostly gone as their market is not really home or small shop user - i.e. they were in large factories. Someplace which needed massive 15,000 lbs beasts. They are too big even for 1 size larger then B-P i.e. for 6000 lbs class (which some home shop / small machine shop do pick up - heck until recently one could have gotten 24" shaper for scrap - not anymore). Anyone today needing these machines has CNC and no need for rotary.

This is why price after 12" or 14" size tends to go down. Besides you can do bigger part on 12" then 12" so imagine what can you place on 24" ... I wonder what is table load limit on that table.

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
I'd buy it if it was 350$, but the big ones are dinosaurs nowadays, and few people can use one so big. Think 1" thick for the table and at least 1" thick of metal to support it. 2" thick * 3 sq ft is more than 1/2 cu ft. At 500lbs per cu ft, it is a minimum of 250 lbs. I'd say 350 lbs is closer to the mark.