• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

1957 Taylor Hobson JH Engraving Machine

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
passing on from one of the Edmonton area AMEN folks email sendout

SUBJECT: Surplus 1957 Taylor Hobson JH Engraving Machine for sale
Price is negotiable
Link to pictures: Old Engraving Machine

email andrew3 at ualberta dot ca

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a 1957 Taylor - Hobson JH engraving machine. It's being surplused from my work, we don't use it anymore (not for the past 15 years anyway). It's in mint condition with all original documentation. Price is negotiable. If you know anyone, I can pass contact info to them.

I agree........ So glad that I am out of space and time...... I wonder how much they are thinking of getting for it....... Been thinking about moving the laundry machines upstairs....:rolleyes::p

darrin1200

Darrin
Very cool looking machine. I learned to engrave, in the army, on an old Hermes Pantograph. Similar design, but not near as robust as this one.

Tom O

Ultra Member
Are we still trying to get viewing privileges for that museum in Alberta? It’s not been mentioned for a few years.

Crosche

Super User
Why were we unable to view the museum? I was able to tag along with the ham radio club (pre-Covid) and there were no issues? Are we not considered to be an established group or organization?

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
About a year ago, I talked to a former curator of the museum. Apparently a former member of our forum s**t talked about us to the museum.

I think anyone who wants to represent us could try again. (mods? volunteer?)

Crosche

Super User
That's a shame, it's an amazing collection situated in one of the most beautiful locations Alberta has to offer. Perhaps this topic deserves it's own post so we can gauge numbers and establish a timeline?

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
That's a shame, it's an amazing collection situated in one of the most beautiful locations Alberta has to offer. Perhaps this topic deserves it's own post so we can gauge numbers and establish a timeline?

Last edited:

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
Back to the original topic. The machine and font will be $2000, because they have to pay a rigger $1000 to move it from the mezanine to the loading dock. There is no DIY option available.