• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

1951 Monarch 10EE at Auction

Phaneron

Scott
I was lucky enough win the Calgary 10EE auction. I did pay more than I wanted, but I also subscribe to the cult of 10EE. So with that and the fact that it came in low relative to US market 10EEs I've seen I think it was still a fair price. I'm looking forward to posting some 10EE threads on here.

Brent H

Ultra Member
@Phaneron : Lucky you Scott, I am interested to see the workings of the exciter and how that lathe actually runs....hopefully you find everything in shape to get running as original!

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Tom the cheapest working 10EE I've seen on the US boards was 15K USD. In this condition they get closer to 20K USD.
It would have gone for higher if the unit was using the 70s electronics instead of tubes.

Th only 10K$ US machines Ive seen in the last 3 years were in rough shape (rusted or broken) or not turning. Drive system repairs on a 10EE are very big $$$.

The cheapest working 10EE from US in good shape is 8k USD so 10,0000 CAD or so. Working no issues. In similar condition 10k USD 13k CAD - i.e. excellent shape. Not sure whom is selling 10EE for 20k USD from 1960s. I pointed to two examples with actual 10EE on sale right now with videos of full functionality.

Congratulations to the purchaser. I think 11k CAD was a good deal, not great but good. You get machine in excellent shape, fully functional and looking great.

Hacker

Super User
I was lucky enough win the Calgary 10EE auction. I did pay more than I wanted, but I also subscribe to the cult of 10EE. So with that and the fact that it came in low relative to US market 10EEs I've seen I think it was still a fair price. I'm looking forward to posting some 10EE threads on here.
Nice snag!!
Does anyone know who got the Edmonton lathe? It would be interesting to find out what was wrong with the motor/generator and how it gets repaired.

Last edited:

Hacker

Super User
Is that your Colchester Lathe for sale on Kijiji?