• Guest, Help us understand what we can do better in future. Click Here!

1950s compressor restoration

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I find these 'bring-em back from the dead better than they were to begin with' type projects very satisfying to see come together. Quite a bit of diverse shop know how, but I bet it will last another 50 years. And no scraping the ways! LOL. I love the fire truck red, in Imron no less. That's the good stuff, tougher than nails. Just respect the isocyanate lest your eyeballs point backward.

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Good eye, I didn't catch that. I guess castors would allow that muther to be moved out of the way vs hauling out the pallet jack. But I agree, rubberized machinery mounts would be my preference too.

Attachments

CalgaryPT

Super User
Vendor
Premium Member
Let's assume it was a temp setup. Those things are top heavy and will walk--never good on a hard wired machine.

I agree with you. I use rubber mounts with metal plates to prevent the feet from tearing up the rubber.

Let's assume it was a temp setup. Those things are top heavy and will walk--never good on a hard wired machine.

I agree with you. I use rubber mounts with metal plates to prevent the feet from tearing up the rubber.
Mine is bolted to a wooden skid. Never had issues yet. Maybe there’s enough flex in the wooden skid?

CalgaryPT

Super User
Vendor
Premium Member
Lots of compressors stay on their skids forever. Seems to work. I’ve even seen people buy fancy plastic skids to replace the shipping skid. I would have if I’d had room. Glad it works for you.