• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

16 inch rotary table, $900, Burlington, ON

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
0ea1e33d-2b21-409d-a478-8e3bec73af55

Mcgyver

Ultra Member
First I've seen those. Only ever the radial 3, 4, & 6.

I've never thought about it, but mine has the same pattern as above. Its a News (Yuasa) and come to think of it the general style and shape is similar.

A tough sell imo. Too big for most of us, and I'd speculate a large percentage of commercial shops long ago put their giant mill out in the back lot to make way for the cnc mill.

Maker Mike

Premium Member
I am looking to get a rotary table and I have a 10X50 inch table on my mill. I think it is a little big for my mill but since it has been for sale for so long, maybe I could get it at a good price. Anyone have experience with a large rotary table on a bridgeport clone? I wouldn't think about trying to move it without a winch or something.

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
I think anything beyond 12" you need little crane or similar. I assume 16" would be like 200lbs++
I am unsure as to weight limit of the table on BP - for a 16" table I assume you have some large stuff you would put on it - so you may go over the table weigh limit.
You loose 3" of Y & probably more like 4" of Z. Maybe if stuff is clamped to the table the Z is not an issue - but I check whatever you can get with your EM to the farthest part of the rotary table -- there should be 16" of Y travel - check that. You may need to adjust your ram.

I use my rotary tables very rarely - a lot nowadays can be done with a DRO that was usually done with a rotary table. For flat positioning I would think the only use would be cutting a radius.

Maker Mike

Premium Member
Yeah, maybe I'll skip it and get a 12" on that I can turn vertically with indexing plates and such. I don't have an immediate need for cutting anything that large anyway.