• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

12x36 Lathe Bed Sliding Indicator Mount

Everett

Super User
Hey everyone, I know this isn't a huge project (there's some AWESOME stuff being built by members here) but figured some others on here might have a King, Craftex, Grizzly, etc 12x36 like mine. I found that a mag-back indicator mount wasn't working well for me so wound up making a clamping block that has enough tension to hold in place against indicator plunger pressure but still be able to slide out of the way when not needed. Way better than trying to set up the magnetic indicator post like I was before.
IMG_5062small.jpg IMG_5063small.jpg
From what I can gather the profile of the ways in the import brands of lathes are pretty similar, so if anyone wants a pdf of the drawings let me know and I'll shoot a copy to you. If you're bored and want to see how I made it, then here's the link:
If I were to make another one I'd do a couple of the steps differently, but it works like it should. Thinking about making another to use as a hard stop on the head stock side but that will be another day.

Proxule

Ultra Member
No one commented..... what a shame, love the projekt. Ill be making one soon,
thanks for posting.

Johnwa

Ultra Member
Maybe a bit late, I have a similar one using a digital caliper. I like the fact that it allows me to set a zero easily.