• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Very nice looking Excello mill near Waterloo

It’s the Bridgeport II he has for sale here:

https://canadianhobbymetalworkers.com/threads/bridgeport-series-ii-mill-near-kitchener.3848/

How do I know? Click on the Excello link, look what other machines he has for sale, the BP II will show up.

The guy is a flipper. Been doing it for years. Never puts a name in the add.

Folks like nice paint jobs - even if the machine is not in good condition mechanically - they will pay top dollar because it looks good. Like Mike Holmes says: “its all lipstick and mascara….”

Buyer beware.

Yup...if the "five gallon overhaul" is thick enough can hide stuff very crucial to good operation. I absolutely prefer used machinery to be in their "work clothes" for inspection.

@RobinHood exactly what I was thinking! I recognize this guy from previous Kijiji posts as a reseller. He simply cleans and repaints the machine and jacks up the price.

I absolutely prefer used machinery to be in their "work clothes" for inspection.

100%, even if not done to hide, it removes a lot of evidence on what sort of life the thing has had. A lot of dealers will say we're wrong, but I think it hurts value painting them (at least far as I'm willing to pay) as it dissuades me from considering it or at least makes me assume the worst

Last edited:
Back