• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Very nice Boehringer 500 for sale on GCSurplus

That's just around the corner (almost) from me!
A bit to big for my needs though :eek:

it looks like an 18" or 20" X 60 lathe. The accessories alone are worth more than 1500$ (possibly 2500$). The DRO alone iw worth more than 500$...

The motor is no big deal it can be replaced with another C flange motor if it can't be directly wired for 240V. My best guess is it is worth between 4000 and 6000, depending on a detailed inspection. the gearbox on a Boehringer is one of the very best in the industry. It is going to make someone very happy!

Definitely robust. Also too big for my needs - which has rarely been a hinderance. Most of my machine are too big for what I need :). There are a few "I'd like to get an abc123 machine" - decent swing, okay on the spindle bore - and not too long a bed (often machines of that size have quite a long bed - which would be a problem for me). Power is already sorted. Except I'm feeling overwhelmed with half done projects - just need to stop and breath (there seems to be quite a few machines available of late). It'll be cool to see what it goes for.

there are transport trucks bigger than that...:p

ha true, i would hate to have to cover the cost of getting it anywhere tho, that would add up quick, mobile cranes, hot shot trucks, equiptment dollys, laborers....but if a guy got it cheap enough......

Im curious after looking at the photo's. Does that lathe have a direct drive variable speed mechanism of some kind. I don't see any gear change levers and the face plate seems to have some sort of sliding RPM indicator? And I agree that an excellent looking machine, will be very surprised if Dabblers pricing estimate isnt met.

The headstock is a variable speed drive, and the myriad of settings are a rather large number of feed/thead cutting variations.

I'm glad it went to for a decent price to someone who must appreciate what it is. I was worried it would be bought by some curber who would leave it outside in the weather and hope to make a few bucks re-selling it, like that Gorton mill we saw a few weeks back.

Back