• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Unimat Wishful Thinking $3500 Nanaimo BC

:oops: If I was in charge I'd take away his voting rights. I mean come on, what are you thinking?

A few days ago I was chatting with a cousin born here in the 60"s. Graduated from a university arts program. I mentioned a car trip through California and New Mexico and he asked if it was difficult getting across the border with Mexico? I assumed he did not hear me correctly so I emphasized New Mexico. He was convinced that New Mexico was part of Mexico and that I must have had to pass through Mexican border patrol. I'm sure he would struggle to answer most of the questions below.

I would be all for a one time multiple choice test, (like a driving test) with 10 really simple questions, for example:
1) 2 + 3 + 5 = ?
2) How many provinces and territories are in Canada?
3) What is the difference between debt and deficit?
4) How many cities in our country have a population over 1M, a) 0, b) > 100, c) < 100
etc.

Last edited:
It's one thing to price it high, and go down, it's really another to price it so high, that people that don't wish to deal with the stupid, will never talk to you...

Kinda makes me think the guy might have been talking to my Ex, about machine tool pricing reference sources, as she sure seems to think all mine are worth their weight in gold!

The asking price for used 60 gallon generic air compressors in this neck of the woods (most of them are dated about 2000"ish") is about $800. They likely paid about $500 new 20-25 years ago. Most are advertised as like new, until you ask for a picture of the tag. I'm going to be patient.

A few days ago I was chatting with a cousin born here in the 60"s. Graduated from a university arts program. I mentioned a car trip through California and New Mexico and he asked if it was difficult getting across the border with Mexico? I assumed he did not hear me correctly so I emphasized New Mexico. He was convinced that New Mexico was part of Mexico and that I must have had to pass through Mexican border patrol. I'm sure he would struggle to answer most of the questions below.

I would be all for a one time multiple choice test, (like a driving test) with 10 really simple questions, for example:
1) 2 + 3 + 5 = ?
2) How many provinces and territories are in Canada?
3) What is the difference between debt and deficit?
4) How many cities in our country have a population over 1M, a) 0, b) > 100, c) < 100
etc.
#3 is discriminatory. That would eliminate all politicians from driving

#3 is discriminatory. That would eliminate all politicians from driving
You may find this hard to believe, but sadly it's true. Two elections ago, fellow that is now a MP, came to our door canvassing, I asked him if he could tell me a ball park estimate of the present debt and deficit?

He stated no I can't, but don't worry we're in great shape and then asked me, "are the debt and deficit not the same"? This guy is now in charge of billions of dollars. I was speechless.

Or you could save three grand...
For what it's worth, I saw this at the Estevan Model Engineering show today. Kinda cool.
Everything from decorated eggs made on an egg lathe to working gas engines and of course lots of steam engines and hit and miss engines.
It only took about 2 minutes to meet the first old guy wearing a striped engineer's overalls and hat, lol.
Scored about 7 or 8 pounds of brass stock in 1X2 bars and 2 inch round stock for 15 bucks, too.
I see a brass hammer project in my future.

Back