• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Steel bar/plate, $375, Airdrie, AB

ae1bae7d-6439-4afa-bafd-8acb6b9d486d

That seems expensive as it already has a couple of holes. Likely some machinist made a mistake and it would have been tossed in the recycle bin except someone piped up with "I'll take it"

That seems expensive as it already has a couple of holes. Likely some machinist made a mistake and it would have been tossed in the recycle bin except someone piped up with "I'll take it"

After reading your post, look a bit harder down by the bottom below the left hole you can see a cut mark in it as well. Seems expensive even if it didn't have the holes and a cut in it. It’s been some time since I bought steel, so not on top of pricing.

After reading your post, look a bit harder down by the bottom below the left hole you can see a cut mark in it as well. Seems expensive even if it didn't have the holes and a cut in it. It’s been some time since I bought steel, so not on top of pricing.
Well that is a US site so in Cdn. $ it's 108.21 or so per inch. That's $Cdn. 297.17 before smoothing away saw marks. Spend $324 for 3" and remove 1/8" from either side and you have your 2.75" for $324 without extra holes.

Not sure where new price came from unless it's not 1040 steel.

Last edited:
Puts some of the cut offs I have in to perspective as far as pricing goes. Thanks for posting Db, John thanks for the pricing.

Back