• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

START THE TRUCK!!! PM1236T 2500$ ?!?!? Edmonton, AB

BaitMaster

Ultra Member

If anyone in Edmonton wants to go get this for me and keep it in their garage for a week, I will pay them 500$. Serious. I'll pick it up next weekend, and E transfer the money. I would start the truck and go get this TODAY but I have things that I can't push off to do today. :(

Or, to some absolute trash lucky sucker in Edmonton, Heres this lathe. It won't last long.

I'm not crying, YOU are crying.

On second thought, might be a scam. haha.

If anyone in Edmonton wants to go get this for me and keep it in their garage for a week, I will pay them 500$. Serious. I'll pick it up next weekend, and E transfer the money. I would start the truck and go get this TODAY but I have things that I can't push off to do today. :(

Or, to some absolute trash lucky sucker in Edmonton, Heres this lathe. It won't last long.

I'm not crying, YOU are crying.

On second thought, might be a scam. haha.
99% certain this is a scam.
New profile, no posts, too good to be true.
Buyer beware.
Edit https://canadianhobbymetalworkers.c...precision-matthews-1236t-lathe-gta-2700.9628/
Picture is the same from last year in a scam post caught by Torontobuilder
Scam then, scam now.
Run away

Last edited:
Its a good description to try and put you at ease, but many mistakes, 4 tooth chuck, "You will be impressed by this lathes ability to accurate align stock in the chuck" ?? "This lathe has a 1.5" spindle bore! Will hold 1.5" bar stock, and will hold 1/8" diameter material" These are the big selling points? A couple of the pictures are from 2020 as well.
It seems like some of it was written with AI and then edited by someone not familiar with lathes. It definitely is preying upon someone who wants a good deal on a lathe.

406823878_25201566646109562_8504152057373967669_n.jpg

Everyone should take a moment and message the seller. I did. If each of us can waste 6 minutes each, that will be hours of replying to scammers by the scammer. That's time they can't be scamming others. And harder to find the sucker in the pile of messages.

Scammers were trying to get me to E-transfer a deposit on a cargo trailer just a week ago ........... another one of those deals that are too cheap to be for real . They couldn't agree to a face to face meet but insisted on a deposit . New profile , no post's , no friends , no history or rating

I agree the wording of the ad strongly suggests all is not right. If by AI, it suggests being brain dead but not necessarily a scam. The rest? Price imo is nothing great, made in Taiwan for 1/3 of retail, meh. FB with no content? Mine neither ( just created to view classifieds.) and the image doesn't show any other isntances on a google image or tineye search.

Now if you said you'll take it and there's a demand for payment, full or deposit, then yeah, scam

Back