• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Standard modern 1640 for parts, $1500, Acheson, AB

quitereal

Screenshot_20241002_183207.jpg

Hasn't been used in a few years. Lathe has a broken gear inside, and the trolly doesn't move. Would be good for parts if you have one.

That would be worth a look if you need a machine that size. It's one of those you hope to open up and a gear has just slipped out of position.

Shoot! I was in Rocky Mountain House this last weekend!

Would certainly be worth a shot at that price I would think.

Without a doubt. I would bet the farm whatever is wrong is a trivial fix. Id offer 1000 or 1200, swoop in and steal it. Make off like a bandit.

Thats the shorter version of the same lathe as my 1660. I have broken the brass woodruff key once myself. Unless someone replaced the brass with steel, there's almost no way it could be anything else. They are built pretty heavy duty. Someone got a smokin deal.

Back