• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Standard Modern 1336 $2,500 Central Sannich BC

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
Just posted,

2000 series.

"Everything works as it should.13" Swing38" bed24" between centers, Single phase 220v motor24" deep x 58" long. Comes with...-3 jaw chuck -4 jaw chuck-faceplate-drill chuck-misc dead centers-steady rest-follower rest-taper attachment. I can load onto your truck/trailer"

1723861934123.png

Looks identical to my 1230 utilathe. Minus what looks like a belt changing mechanism up top?

Looks in reasonable shape.

Someone should scoop it. My SM utilathe has been fantastic.

Great lathe, Once upon a time, for a long time, I had the same one. Well, think it was the same. Looked like that, but not sure if was 12 or 13", time is pummelling my memory. I'm shocked by the prices people pay for an offshore lathe, but I guess they don't feel they have a choice .... then you see that one, a high quality lathe, loaded with accessories, for 2500. Would seem a no brainer.

Last edited:
Are you familiar with lathes?

There are a couple of threads around here on what to look for and quick tests. If there are no issues it should be a decent machine at that price.

If you're in a position to look at it I wouldn't send any money, just go see it. If you want a second set of eyes there are couple of members in that area or I can check my schedule.

Hi Mike,
Thanks for your response. Little bit of experience with lathe's but not much, inherited a Bridgeport mill and looking for an accompanying lathe. I'm Campbell River (so a couple hours away). Would be great to have someone who has experience be a second set of eyes. Willing to spend a bit to get the right machine and get it sorted but not really looking for an eternal project.

If you or someone else around there would be willing to have a look I'd happily pay for gas / time.

Thanks,

Chris

Hi Mike,

Looks like it slipped through my fingers, didn't get a response and the ad was just removed.

Very much appreciate your offer to assist.

Not in a super rush, would prefer to wait for the right machine with tooling, if you come across anything that fits the bill in this area please let me know and I'll keep an eye on the thread.

Thanks,

Chris

Back