• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Standard Modern 11" series 2000 Sault Ste. Marie govdeals auction

This. @Titusak this is the kind of lathe that should be available for a reasonable price. might even go for 1500 bucks - and only 3 1/2 hours away.

I bought my big mill 10 hours away, this is close to you!
+1

given the location the odds of one of the usual dealers grabbing them is somewhat less. The multiples mean that there is a chance that they will all sell lower than otherwise. I agree with Dabbler. You may be able to score one for $1500 or even less, but you'd still be looking good if you paid $2000.

There are also 2 excello variable speed mills and a standard modern radial arm drill all with starting bids of $1000 at this same auction.

That is enough to attract a dealer with large transport availability

Back