• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Skookum Tools

Jimmy-One-Screw

Rob over at Skookum tools hooked me up with a great deal on this 7/8 coated solid carbide end mill. Made right here in Canada. This thing is drop dead gorgeous. I wanted it for performing a repetitive boring operation on the lathe. I had 30 parts to do so I was hoping to spend my way to speed. I built a tool holder to mount in the tool post. While the mill was impeccable. My plan and fixture were not. I just couldn’t keep the setup from drifting off square. Too much outboard of the pivot point I guess. Probably an arbour fitted for the bit into the tailstock would have been the better plan but I just couldn’t brain my way there before the first idea locked itself in.
Sometimes you eat the bear. Sometimes the bear eats you.
Anyhow, Skookum has some fantastic gear. I recommend checking them out.

Attachments

• IMG_3496.jpeg
    IMG_3496.jpeg
    123.5 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_3497.jpeg
    IMG_3497.jpeg
    138.2 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_3498.jpeg
    IMG_3498.jpeg
    126.7 KB · Views: 16