• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

shop tools lathe/ mill Craftex, $2600, Beiseker, AB

I've never met anyone who didn't move on to a real mill and lathe.
They look neat and the idea of the small foot print may be appealing. Two machines are so much better. One of the ytube guys I follow has one and he split it. He made the mill in to its own unit. Pretty neat actually and he uses treadmill motors for the two halves. Also put a treadmill motor on his bandsaw.

I've never met anyone who didn't move on to a real mill and lathe.

Two of my buddies have Smithy combo machines and love them. There is zero chance they would ever do that.

I have a soft spot in my heart for them. But too much of my work requires a bigger machine.

That one looks better built than the one I had ( House of tools Mod 300) but it still has the bugaboo that I see in every one of those type machines....the tailstock is so damn high off the bed that it cand be economically made to be sturdy enough that the flex they allow cant be overcome

6419fc31-2db9-4978-b84d-2b5591ba87d3

Back