• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Sajo horizontal mill project, $150, Oakville, ON

Stuart Samuel

Ultra Member
Premium Member

IMG_4968.jpegIMG_4969.jpeg

“Sajo UF52 - Horizontal Milling machine, needs significant repairs to finish it and make workable.

3ph 208v input power. Recently replaced all fuses with breakers. Can provide cheap VFD in addition if needed.

Worth several hundred in scrap, buyer must have equipment to remove. Currently on a pallet.”

For the right person, maybe a fantastic deal. I like that he was up front about its state, but yes, some specifics about what’s wrong might have saved him and others time.

It has not been run in 4 years.

It needs a new start/stop button, new gibs, mechanical cleanup. Coolant cleanup.

No links or part numbers. Not sure if old gibs are still with the machine to use as reference. I'm tempted if my friend will let me use his space. I could leave this set up to make dixon tool holders.

It has not been run in 4 years.

It needs a new start/stop button, new gibs, mechanical cleanup. Coolant cleanup.

No links or part numbers. Not sure if old gibs are still with the machine to use as reference. I'm tempted if my friend will let me use his space. I could leave this set up to make dixon tool holders.
Surely you've spent $150 on worse.....run!

.... back in the day it was a start to a good night out (I think).... And a few terrible mornings..... :rolleyes: What is it now? A carton of smokes? Someone must have quit that needs a little reward.....
Really I'm just jealous, because that thing would be sold in AB before it made it onto this site...

Really I'm just jealous, because that thing would be sold in AB before it made it onto this site...
And BC is just one step further from most of the deals..... :rolleyes: I am actually kinda happy that most of the deals are far beyond my reach, the shop is already stuffed and I would be broke chasing the next deal like a gambler chasing a card game....:p

I’d still be wary. Some gibs, start/stop button and clean up doesn’t sound like “needs significant repairs”.
But, there’ve been a few amazing deals reported here recently. Maybe my distrust is why I never land those great deals!

Back