• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

SCAM WARNING!!! Precision Matthews PM-25V - $1600

SomeGuy

Hobbyist

In Mississauga

450725549_1034970381609613_565772727506971773_n.jpg

Damn, I can't edit - can someone clarify that in the first post that it's a scam?

*edit* Reported it just to be sure a mod sees this.

I spoke with the guy on the phone, reported the ad on FB. If the ad belongs to a member, speak up.

Contact the fella in the ad, he'll ask for a "deposit" just to come and see it. I couldn't find the photos on the web, but when I asked him for a facetime video of the unit he deleted our chat.

It seems pretty clear these guys can make a living off this. I guess they list 100 items they don't own and collect a few deposits per day. It didn't use to be like this, things are changing.

Back