• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Precision Mattews Lathe $2500

I wonder why it didn't sell previously (assuming it's real)? At $3,000 CDN it still looks like a good deal (but for me - 7 hour drive, may need to pay duty – although sold from U.S. may not; and Canada to U.S. duties seem different – and too big for my space).

I wonder why it didn't sell previously (assuming it's real)? At $3,000 CDN it still looks like a good deal (but for me - 7 hour drive, may need to pay duty – although sold from U.S. may not; and Canada to U.S. duties seem different – and too big for my space).
It's not real, same pic has been posted in a bunch of ads. Was it ever real? I doubt it.

Pending already.
If you send a deposit, I bet he'll hold it for you.

I sometimes think we should all contact these guys and ask as many questions as possible and stretch things out as long as possible. If we waste enough time and bury them in messages, we might convince them to actually get a job.

If you send a deposit, I bet he'll hold it for you.
Thanks for the advice...

I never even read the ad. Just saw the picture and price and thought someone on here might be interested. I am not really into newer machines or offshore stuff. Seemed like a reasonable price for a Chinese machine.

I sometimes think we should all contact these guys and ask as many questions as possible and stretch things out as long as possible.
That’s my thought too. Just enough to lead him down the path and then accuse him as a scammer.

I’m sure the scammers have become quite adept at knowing when to stop responding to inquiries though…

Back