• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Possible scam warning; 1440e calgary

phaxtris

(Ryan)
Premium Member
Premium Member

scam.jpg

3k in calgary

after some back and forth...i will come tonight....someone is comming tommorow......the typical "deposit" scam showed

"it will be sold because they are very interested but if you are sure to take you can put down a deposit i will put it on hold for you"

Edit; can the mods move this to "member spotted deals" for me

Dirty b@st@rds.

Recently I was led on by someone selling trees on kijiji. Good deals on trees I thought but when they insisted on having deposit for gas money I knew it was illegitimate. I reported it a couple of times as scam to Kijiji but I see the ad is still running.

Dirty b@st@rds.

Recently I was led on by someone selling trees on kijiji. Good deals on trees I thought but when they insisted on having deposit for gas money I knew it was illegitimate. I reported it a couple of times as scam to Kijiji but I see the ad is still running.
I report so many scam ads on Facebook and they never remove them. I reported the lady who legitimately scammed me and nope, not removed.

I reported an ad that was like “30 single women in your area under 40 desperate for love, chat now!” And apparently that isn’t a scam either.

The reporting systems on those sites are absolute garbage. Like I live in the middle of nowhere. There isn’t 30 women in this area.

Back