• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Peter Wright Anvil 149lbs $1,200, Metchosin BC

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
Don't know if $8 a pound is a deal or not.

441948331_465294872620377_8452851007474891499_n.jpg

Stuart Samuel

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I wouldn’t say so. Anvils have certainly skyrocketed in price, the last 10-15 years, but I’d expect something closer to $600-$700 for that. Peter Wrights aren’t anything too special, in my experience, so no premium there.

trevj

Ultra Member
I wouldn’t say so. Anvils have certainly skyrocketed in price, the last 10-15 years, but I’d expect something closer to $600-$700 for that. Peter Wrights aren’t anything too special, in my experience, so no premium there.
Might have some heavy wear up on the front end. Or just a trick of the lens...

Not being perfectly flat isn't that big a deal, and I knew a few guys that would hate their life, if they were stuck working on a brand new Swede Steel Anvil, as they had a lot of work straightening shafts and that like, where having a controllable amount of hollow under the work was a boon!

Paid a lot less than a buck a pound for some decent using anvils way back, at the aforementioned Farm Auctions...

Seen a couple that were bigger and cheaper than this one, on Marketplace recently, IIRC, there was a 200 pound PW that looked pretty decent for $400. Not worth a pinch of poo, if the steel plate isn't still welded to the wrought iron body though...

Crosche

Super User
IMHO, it's not worth the price in that condition. Better off to buy new and get a heavier anvil.

And yes, I assume there will be a market correction soon. There seems to be quite a number of people who watched too much Looney Toons back in the day and figured that they would need multiple anvils just in case they needed to design the ulitmate coyote trap some day.

Bandit

Ultra Member
Hmm, Loony Tunes, the things that poor old "yody" would come up with! You had to feel sorry for him.
Kinda makes me think of gov-none-or-mint. It's not our problem, but we have bylaws, regulations, and its gonna cost you money!
Bewhere of market corrections! The price goes up. And you have less or the same income!