• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Myford ML7 - Oakville

Asking $1,950

s-l640.jpg

Myford ML7 Lathe, all accessories such as change gears etc are shown in the pictures. Item includes 4 tool -tool post and original single tool clamp. The bench can be included

Craig

BTW...Welcome @neer724

Are you in the area?

Craig
Thank You Craig.

Yes I live in Mississauga....

I am just getting back into metal working. My brother and I had a small metal hobby shop back in the late 90's when we raced r/c model boats. We machined all our own boat hardware and engine parts. We had a Compact 5 lathe with an older busybee bench mill.

Fast forward today, I always wanted to setup a small home metal shop. I was fortunate to find a great condition Myford ML7 last year. My 15 year son and I completely stripped it down and refinished it. I had to ordered some parts from the UK to fully restore it. What a wonderful machine! I much prefer this over any of the new imports available.

I recently acquired a small bench mill - busybee CS605. I installed the little machineshop belt drive conversion and the gas shock. In addition I just installed a digital tach. It's a surprisingly capable little machine. I would have preferred to get something a little bigger but thought I would start off with this one.

I'm glad I found this forum! Some great threads I have been reading already!

Take Care,
Steve

Back