• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Myford ML7 definitely NOT a deal...

FB Marketplace has a terrible habit of dropping the '.' when you type 1500.00. Recently I posted a vise/vice for $6000 instead of $60.00
Poor coders without adult testers before publishing code.
Gerrit

FB marketplace real estate section is broken for weeks or months now. Only works from cell phone not PC.

Could be just a zero.

Just got a message from the seller.
The $15,000 asking price is not a typo.
Guess he doesn't really want to sell it... <dunno>

Myford has this one for sale: http://www.myford-lathes.com/lathe38.html
No price but I guarantee it ain't $15,000 CDN!
You know what I think I looked those prices up a couple of years ago and it seems to me they were all of that and more by the time you figured exchange and freight charges. I can't imagine why anyone would pay that sort of money when there is a world of other possibilities for that sort of coin.

I seen some MyFords sell for like over 2000 on auction - super 7 and I thought that was a very high price. But never, ever, I have seen someone try for 15k.

I doubt these machines are much better then Chinese 7" after so many years of use.

Also one picture.

*edit oh sorry I was looking at the first link, not Crankits*

Price: £ = British pounds
1628298680578.webp

In what currency is that?

I gotta presume Canadian as this brochure from Myford and a Clausing were in a bunch of Canadian monthly machining magazines from early 1950's (I just went and checked...thought they were late 50's) I got the lot of books and brochures a few years ago off of a FB Ad. I will scan them later and post them.

That's a smokin good deal,,,,,,,,, as in "what have they been smokin and are they going to share",,,lol:)

Back