• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Moore Jig Borer $500

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Great price and it is still available. I cannot believe how this can be - it is less then half the price of a new mini mill. If I had space for one I would not mind getting it. Motor needs to be changed to 1ph for most pp but this is very simple for this machine.

kevin.decelles

Jack of all trades -- Master of none
Premium Member
I thought about it for a while. I don't need it, but like my cat killing birds, I'm called towards buying it, just to have it to look at. Cant explain it.

I'll have room in 30 days....... moving the wood tools to the new wood-shop. Let's see if it is still there. I don't know about the unload plan though. Top heavy and tall.

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
That would be a damn cool resto project. Hard to know what kind of shape its in. Seller calls it a mill/drill. The question is - was it used like that?
*EDIT*
Vid-1 somewhat similar vintage *jig borer*
Vid-2 newer model with some purpose explanation *jig grinder*

Last edited:

Brent H

Ultra Member
this is crazy....We were just into a base the Coast Guard runs out of T-Bay and it is closing down. There is a bag load of machinery going to waste - maybe crown assets (auction) but I took pictures of this mill/drill:

drill 1.jpg
drill 2.jpg
drill 3.jpg drill 4.jpg

Might possibly be quite the same as the one in Kijiji? Keep an eye on the Government buy and sell - might be on there in the next year. Very little use and very little wear. Probably only ever used as a drill press. Might be a few other antique machines on there as well as they close things down.

Johnwa

Ultra Member
About 10 years ago I was at a machine shop auction. They called one of the machines a jig bore, but it was huge. I could easily park my living room couch on the bed. It was 20 to 30 feet high. It didn’t attract any bids.