• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Modern 11x26 $2,500

Looks vaguely like a King machine but not exactly... Could be a good deal.

They're sold by Durma in Calgary, any one had any dealings with the company?

Last edited:
Its only 11x 26 and its unknown number of extra cutting tools as no pictures. Going by the pictures - i.e. 1 chuck, 2 drill chucks it feels that it is too much even in excellent condition. I don't know why pp say "lots of extras" and provides zero info as to any extras.

New 10 x 26 in a store next door costs 2600 plus tax and comes with extra chuck and face plate etc. But no cabinet.

You can get 10x26 size machine a bit cheaper from China direct (few hundred CAD less).

So owner is trying to sell for new price as per pictures. Used is used.

Good price for this machine would be like 1600 as per pictures if indeed in great condition.

I'm 99% sure Modern Tool is Durma or vise-versa. I'm actually not sure what the business naming is all about. Durma = mother company maybe? If you Google Modern you get the website Modern wbsite, If Google Durma you get the same website.
https://www.moderntool.com/

Anyways, you might stand a better chance of parts on this one but you'd have to inquire specifically

Back